Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Boring Background Information

The past couple of years, I've been dying to visit Seoul in South Korea. Yeah, my interest started out like a lot of others back in 2011. Korean dramas and Korean pop. But my admiration for Korean culture has expanded from these two very small parts. Now, I am so interested in learning all that I can and experiencing it for myself.

This year I began attending Fort Hays State University as an online student. I picked this university because I had heard so many good things about it and offered so many different degrees that could be completed entirely online. I picked my major as International Business and Economics. One, I love to travel even though I haven't had that many opportunities to do so. Two, I began to love the business side of companies. I worked at a pharmacy and began doing more with the actual business portion and marketing. That's when I realized that I didn't want to become a pharmacist anymore and do something with business. When I did my research, International Business and Economics sounded perfect to me.

Two weeks ago, my university sent out emails to tell the students about an upcoming fair. It was the study abroad fair. This is when I learned about the opportunities I had to study abroad through the ISEP program. And I can't tell you how excited I was to learn that South Korea was included in the countries that had agreements with my university! Finally, I had the chance to visit South Korea without giving up time for my education. I just had to take it.

Unfortunately, it's too late to apply for the Spring 2014 semester so the study abroad coordinator at FHSU suggested that I apply for the Fall 2014 semester and I made the decision to go ahead and do the whole academic year. A year in South Korea! Who could give up that opportunity!


There are five universities that are with the ISEP program for exchanges. Ewha, Korea U, and Yonsei are all in Seoul which is where I would love to go. Ajou in Suwon while Keimyung is in Daegu. I would gladly go to one of those universities if I'm unable to go to the first three. After watching tons of videos on YouTube and reading blogs about these universities, I decided that my first choice is going to be Ewha.

After exchanging emails with the study abroad coordinator for FHSU, she has told me that for our university, the deadline for the next academic year is January 15, 2014.

Soon, I'm going to schedule an appointment to meet with the coordinator on campus to discuss the whole application process. 

All I know is that I want to get this all done as soon as possible and properly. I am going to apply for all the universities in South Korea so I know that I'm going to have write essays for each one. That's going to be fun. hahahaha....

No comments:

Post a Comment