Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Researching Universities and Courses (Ewha Womans University)

To get ahead of everything, I already started researching the course that I can take at Ewha and Korea University. I haven't even met with the coordinator yet and I'm already doing this. Hahahaha~ I guess I'm just too excited?
Ewha Womans University only admits female Koreans but both male and female international students. They have two international dorms for undergraduates. The first dorm is older and has common bathrooms, which means they have larger rooms. The second dorm is newer and has private bathrooms in each room, making them smaller. When researching this, I thought that I would definitely want to be in the newer dorm with the private bathrooms. After all, I couldn't imagine sharing a common bathroom with everyone on the same floor. However after reading many accounts from others, if you have a private bathroom, you are in charge of keeping it cleaned and stocked. I don't know if I'm just lazy but that doesn't sound appealing to me. The common bathrooms, I heard, are very clean since there are staff who clean frequently. Plus, you are forced to have more interaction with the other exchange students. Which I desperately need. I'm hoping this abroad experience will help me get over the shy exterior I have.

Anyways, these are the classes that I am considering:

  • 10619 - Religion and Culture in Modern Korea
  • 10833 - Understanding World Heritage in Korea
  • 11027 - Pop goes Korea: Korean Media and Culture
  • 11116 - Introduction to World Music and Culture
  • 21643 - Public Speech and Presentation
  • 22195 - Macroeconomics
  • 22218 - Microeconomics
  • 22240 - Marketing Management
  • 22250 - Financial Management
  • 10145 - Tennis
  • 10504 - Korean Ceramics I
  • 34012 - Business Writing
  • 34120 - Basic Painting
  • 34613 - Organization Theory and Development
  • 34618 - Foundations for Business English
  • 35674 - International Political Economy
  • 35688 - International Business Law
  • 35981 - English Composition
  • 36003 - Introduction to International Politics
  • 36004 - Introduction to International Business
  • 36134 - Principles of Economics
  • 36178 - International Marketing
  • 36402 - Public International Law
  • 36789 - International Law and Global Society
  • 37412 - Introduction to Programming
  • 37431 - Culture of Everyday Life in Modern Korea
I know this list seems really long, but this is for two semesters since I'm applying for the academic year. Also, they say that you should pick more classes than you will take as schedules change and classes get dropped.

But anyways, these are classes that I thought were interesting and should have the credits transferred to FHSU. Plus some of these are required for my degree anyways so I have to take them no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment