Sunday, November 17, 2013

[Research] Luggage on Black Friday

Since American Airlines allows you to have two free checked bags for an international to South Korea, I had initially decided to buy a luggage set. Black Friday is just around the corner and so many stores are having sales on their luggage sets.

While going through sales ads for Black Friday, I came across this for Macy's. I immediately wanted the Travel Select Creekside 7-Pc Spinner Luggage Set since it was going to be on sale for $99.99. My old luggage was two wheeled luggage and I definitely wanted to upgrade to a spinner set.

Because of the baggage allowance, I had planned to take two large suitcases, one carry-on, and a backpack as a personal item. However, the more I thought about it, I decided that two large suitcases didn't sound very logical since I would have to store them somewhere inside my dorm room. Of course since dorm rooms are very small, I don't think there would be room for large suitcases.

So, I began researching luggage that collapses smaller so it wouldn't take much room when stored.

After researching tons, here are the things that I have decided to purchase. I'll do reviews of them after I arrive in Seoul, in hopes that it might help others.

Personal Item:
High Sierra Impact Backpack
Dimensions: 17.25" x 11.25" x 8"
Price: $20.02 on Amazon
Notes: It exceeds the allowance by 0.5" but I think it'll work as long as I don't fill it to the brim.

Carry-On Bag:
High Sierra Pack-N-Go 20" Duffel
Dimensions: 11" x 20" x 11"
Price: $24.99 on Amazon
Notes: I selected this my carry-on because this line of duffels from High Sierra folds into a small toiletry case that is easily stowed away. Again, this bag exceeds the allowance set for the height of carry-on bags. However, I think it'll pass as long as I don't stuff it. lol

Primary Checked Suitcase:
Biaggi Contempo 28" Expandable 4 Wheel Spinner Upright
Dimensions: 28" x 19" x 14"
Price: $87.74
Notes: The dimensions add up to an inch short of the allowance set by AA. I found this suitcase looking for something that collapses so it wouldn't take up so much room. Look how thin it folds up so it'll be easy to stow away under a bed, on top of a closet, or anywhere similar. I'm willing to splurge for this suitcase since it's so innovated.

Secondary Checked Baggage:
High Sierra Pack-N-Go 30" Duffel
Dimensions: 30" x 15" x 14"
Price: $39.99
Notes: The dimensions add up to 59", three inches under the allowance. Again as this is part of the Pack-N-Go line so it folds up inside of a toiletry case. Most likely, I am not going to use it on the way to Seoul unless I absolutely have to. Instead, I'm planning on using it at the end of experience to bring back all of the stuff I bought.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    cyber monday mattress deals

    ReplyDelete

  2. Moe Girl Cafe 2 Mod Apk is a 2D style Moe Girl Cafe 2 Mod Apk and cultivation sim, combining elements from various popular ACG franchises. In the game, you play a store manager, and with the help of your moe assistants you manage your moe cafe.

    ReplyDelete