Saturday, November 30, 2013

[Product Review/Swatches] Black Friday Haul - UD Naked Basics, UD The Dangerous Palette, Smashbox Wondervision Mega Palette

Today, Black Friday, I only had $20 to spend. I had already spent my monthly allowance on different sites beforehand. Still, I had tons of points at ULTA so that's where I decided to go.

What I bought: Urban Decay's Naked Basics palette ($27), Urban Decay's The Dangerous Palette ($16), and Smashbox's Wonder Vision Mega Palette (normally $49, but $39 for BF).

All of that only cost me $16 + tax meaning I only had to pay for The Dangerous Palette really.

Note: All swatches are placed on top of Urban Decay's Primer Potion.

Urban Decay's Naked Basics palette:


The palette is approximately 4" x 2" which is smaller than my Samsung Galaxy SII. It includes six eye shadow colors: Venus, Foxy, W.O.S, Naked 2, Faint, and Crave.
Natural Light
With Flash
I use Urban Decay's Naked foundation in 5.0 so Foxy almost blends right into my skin but I think it'll be a really pretty high light color for the brow bone. I love this palette as these are colors that I use on a regular basis. I love neutral and natural colors.

Urban Decay's The Dangerous Palette:

This palette comes with six eyeshadows and a mini-lipgloss. Its case is hard and seems durable with a zipper closure. It's approximately 5.5" x 4".
With Flash
Natural Light
I'm not a big fan of lipgloss because I don't like the sticky feeling that most come with. This lipgloss isn't an exception to that sticky feeling. It's thick and sticky but that what makes it so it doesn't budge, a definite pro. Nothing's worse than a sticky lipgloss that's watery as well. It's a cute nude pink color with a mint flavor. You can definitely smell the menthol it contains when you open the palette.
Natural Light
With Flash
Shade Colors (L-R): Deeper, Mushroom, Ace, Gravity, Loaded, Evidence

These eyeshadows are incredibly pigmented! Omg. I picked this palette because even though I like neutrals, I wanted a few eye popping colors. They are much more wearable than I originally thought so I may integrate these colors more often. I definitely love the shades Deeper and Ace. One note though: the shade Evidence took a few more layers than the others to get it as rich in color. It's not as pigmented as the others in my opinion.

Smashbox's Wonder Vision Mega Palette:

This palette has 30 eyeshadows, 3blushes, and 1 bronzer. Immediately, I notice one con with this palette: the names of the colors are printed on a plastic sheet covering the palette. You'll have to keep this plastic sheet if you want to know the color names later. The palette is approximately 8" x 6.5" and is the biggest palette I own at the moment. Also, the palette doesn't close completely. It's supposed to be magnetic, I suppose. The palette comes with four Wonder Vision Get The Look cards to help you create a look.
Natural Light
With Flash
Color Names (L-R;T-B): Beige, Almond, Golden, Chestnut, Fawn, Chocolate; Taupe, Peach, Citrine, Orange, Red, Umber; Maize, Mint, Turquoise, Green, Blue, Dark Blue

The lighter colors don't show up on my skin very well but that's okay. I think they will be beautiful highlight colors. My personal favorite from this swatch is the Umber color. It's a brown shade with green glitter. It's so pretty~

Natural Light
With Flash
Color Names (L-R;T-B): Pearl, Pink, Lavendar, Violet, Purpe, Black; Silver, Grey, Slate, Brown, Pewter, Glitz; (Blushes) Baby Pink, Sherbet, Glow, (Bronzer) Bronze

The Pink shade isn't as pigmented as the others, sadly. It's a shame because I really wanted to like this shade too cause I love pinks. But I really love the Pearl shade though.

The three blushes are very pretty, I think. I love blushes in general. My favorite is Sherbet since it's more of a coral. Glow can probably be used as a highlighter as it has shimmer and a very natural pink shade. The Bronze shade will work as a good bronzer for me as it's perfect for my skin tone. It may be a little too dark for those with lighter skin tones though. Perhaps, you'll just have to use a lighter hand when applying.

Well, I hope this helped anyone who's interested in these palettes.

I hope this Thanksgiving went well for everyone and Happy Holidays~!

No comments:

Post a Comment