Wednesday, November 27, 2013

[First Impression] High Sierra Arc Backpack & eBags Pack Cubes 3 pc Set

So today, I received two packages from eBags from the order I placed on the 22nd.
(Well, technically one package arrived yesterday but was delivered to my apartment's leasing office instead of to my actual apartment...)

In the first package that arrived yesterday, in a plastic shipping bag:
Current Price on November 27, 2013: $23.99 during their Black Friday Sale
Original Price: $40.00
Purchased Price: $29.99
Date Ordered: November 22, 2013
Date Received: November 26, 2013


I bought two sets. I plan on doing a review on them once I get the chance to use them or when I get my new camera. I can give you a short first impression though. They seem light weight and sturdy. When pulling at the seams, they hold together nicely so I think they will last for quite a while. 

The second package arrived in a shipping box:
Current Price on November 27, 2013: $23.99 during their Black Friday Sale
Retail Price: $60.00
Purchased Price: $26.09
Date Ordered: November 22, 2013
Date Received: November 27, 2013

I had decided to go with the Arc Backpack from High Sierra instead of their Impact Backpack. Both backpacks are 41.5" linear inches but this one costs a little bit more. On the site, the color are way more vibrant. From the pictures, I thought the aquamarine color was more blue. However, in person, it looks more mint. Honestly, it's been a while since I've owned a backpack. Since high school I guess, so 2008. Yikes. 

When I was looking for backpacks, I wanted one that I could use for packing but also for school once I get to my host university. The zippers appear to be very durable and the seams are done very well. When pulling at the seams and expanding the backpack, they hold up well. The back panel is kinda stiff but I suppose that's to support its shape and it won't be that stiff once used for a while. 


One last note: Ugh, I should have just bought everything during their Black Friday sale instead of the pre-sale because everything is so much cheaper. Then I had my coupon. I COULD HAVE SAVED SO MUCH. I AM CRYING INSIDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment