Saturday, November 30, 2013

[Product Review/Swatches] ULTA Eyeshadow Quads, Stila The Natural Palette, & NYX Love in Paris palettes

Besides the three palettes that I got on Black Friday, I own 5 other eyeshadow palettes. 2 from ULTA, 2 from NYX Cosmetics, and a face palette from Stila.

ULTA Eyeshadow Quads:
Left: Neutral Eyeshadow Quad
Right: Illusion Eyeshadow Quad
Each quad comes with a single foam eyeshadow applicator.

I received these two quads as a free promotional gift that also included a whole set but I gave the rest to my mother. To be honest, I haven't touched these until today though they are colors that I love. Each palette is 2" x 3".
Natural Light
With Flash
Top Row (Neutral Quad): Bone, Truffle, Ice Queen, Gunmetal
Bottom Row (Illusion Quad): Naked, Seashell, Mystique, Twilight

These shadows are surprisingly pigmented. Of course, the two lighter shades don't show up very well on my tan skin without primer and layers but that's to be expected. It's easily applied with an eyeshadow brush and doesn't have much fallout. My favorite shade is Seashell. It's a very pretty shimmery pink.

Stila's The Natural Palette ($20.00):

This palette contains 6 eyeshadows, a highlighter, and a bronzer. The palette is approximately 5" x 3.5" and has a magnetic closure. It also has a small mirror opposite of the products with a small diagram on how you could apply the products to your face.
Natural Light
With Flash
Shade Names (L-R;T-B): Pure, Linen, Innocent; Element, Demure, Silk; Organza, Soft Clay

I really want to love this palette since I love the highlighter and bronzer so much. And the shades look so pretty. However, while it may look like the eyeshadows are decently pigmented, it took a while to build the colors enough so they would show in the pictures. The shade Silk is the most pigmented out of the eyeshadows and didn't take as much as the others. It's also my favorite~

A note about this palette, when applying the colors, use a patting motion. The color will not stick if you use a sweeping motion.

NYX's Love In Paris palettes ($9.99 each):

Left: Let Them Eat Cake 08
Right: Parisian Chic 05
I believe these two were my very first eyeshadow palettes. Each palette is 4" x 2.5" and the collection has 12 different palettes to chose from.
With Flash
Natural Light
08 Let Them Eat Cake

This palette has pretty neutral pink colors with a berry and chocolate color. The colors are really pigmented, even the light ones. They just don't show up well on my tan skin. ;; But really I love these colors. The berry color is my favorite. Also the silverish color is really pretty. It looks like a grey shade but when it's applied it has a pearl finish. Unfortunately, NYX doesn't list the individual colors for either palette.
Natural Light
With Flash
05 Parisian Chic

This palette isn't as pigmented as the last. It does have a nice selection of browns, matte and shimmer. However as you can tell, the lighter colors required me to apply them wet for them to show well. The other colors swept on well though. I really like the last three colors. The metallic shimmer is very pretty.

I hope this helped anyone who are interested in these palettes. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment