Friday, December 13, 2013

[Product Review/Swatches] Coastal Scents Forever Blush - all 18 shades (Long Post - Image Heavy)


So during their Black Friday 50% off sale, I went ahead and purchased their Forever Blush set that contains all 18 shades for $59.98 (normally $119.95). Through that deal, each blush only cost about $3.33. A single blush costs $7.95 so if you really can't decide which shade to get and want them all, it's still a better deal to buy the set than to buy individually.

I'll show you all the swatches then give you an overall review at the end~ ^^ Also I'll link you to each individual shade in the captions.

(btw, I just noticed that my camera put the wrong year on all the pictures. lol sorry! definitely taken in 2013.)

Forever Blush Set [$119.95 for 18 shades]:

Fresh - Elegant - Dashing - Lovely


Exquisite - Sweet
Passionate - Charming - Royal


Enchanting - Radiant - Glamorous - Romantic


Alluring - Graceful
Beautiful - Delicate - Poetic


Okay, the first thing I must say about this product is that these blushes are REALLY PIGMENTED. After doing these swatches and washing my hands multiple times (even used makeup remover too), I could still see a stain of color left by the blushes. I had to walk around with pink streaks on my hand for a day and a half. lol But I'm sure that you will not be applying the blush so heavily like I did here. (Please don't.)

My experience with this blush is that it really does last a long time. I'm a big lover of blushes and my all time favorite had been the ones from Benefit Cosmetics. However, these may just be my new favorite. I have definitely been using these over of BC's blushes since I received them on Monday.

When using, BARELY tap your brush into the product. Seriously. A lot will go a long way and a lot will get on your brush with a small tap. Because of this, I'm sure these will last me a long time.

The set comes with a good selection of matte and shimmer blushes in different shades of coral, pink, and plum. I was kind of scared to use Radiant because it looks like such a bright orange. However with a very light hand, it comes off as a gorgeous coral.

Oh! Just a warning, Glamorous seemed to have this balling trait when applying heavily. You can see it a bit in the pictures. (That's after I tried to clean up the area so it didn't have so much of the little flakes/balls.)

If you don't want to shell out for the whole set (since it's so expensive normally), I have a favorite that I recommend!



Top: Delicate - Coastal Scents
Bottom: Dandelion - Benefit Cosmetics
Delicate is a very beautiful ballet pink that in my opinion is very similar to Benefit's Dandelion blush. In the packaging, Delicate does appear to be a darker shade. However, once it's applied, the shades are very similar. Dandelion is not as pigment and good for a very light color if that's what you want. But if you want that shade but stronger, go with Delicate. Also Coastal Scent's Forever Blushes have 10 grams worth of product while Benefit Cosmetic's blushes have 7 grams.

I still love Dandelion though. ;; I'm on my second purchase of it. haha.

(Coastal Scent Forever Blush in Delicate [$7.95] - Benefit Cosmetic Dandelion Blush [$28.00])

If you are interested in seeing some more comparison swatches against Benefit's blushes, just comment and I'll make another post. ^^

8 comments:

  1. OMG, bless you!! I have some of these blushes as well, totally love them, but I have been dying to see swatches of other colors. Excellent review, super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! ^^ I'm happy to have helped you~

      Delete
  2. These swatches were very helpful! Thanks! Just bought 2 of them today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes pleasseee do the comparison! loved ur review. im thinking of buying one soon. x)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful swatches. Please do comparisons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to see comparisons or swatches by finish. Thanks for your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking for a Dallas dupe (but preferably with a matte finish)... any fit the bill?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really late coming to this party, but totally appreciate this post! Have been shopping these and waiting for a sale. Excellent swatches-makes my decision making easier. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete