Monday, December 9, 2013

[Product Review/Swatches] e.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow Palettes, Baked Highlighter, & Baked Bronzer


Here's another Black Friday order that I received recently~! (Tbh, this post has been in the making for the last 4 days. Been super busy...)

While everything was 50% off, I decided to pick up the baked eyeshadow palettes, three highlighters, and a bronzer. I also got the stipple brush set which I highly suggest. I love stipple brushes are these and Coastal Scents are my favorite. For the quality and price. <3


e.l.f. Studio Stipple Brush Travel Set [$15.00]

This is going to be quick and simple cause I should be sleeping. haha


e.l.f. Studio Baked Eyeshadow Palette [$10.00 - 4 choices]:

Seattle Palette
Natural Light
With Flash
This palette I had the most problems with. I had to really dig in to get the powder to adhere to my brush. The darker colors are really nice though. However the lighter colors, you would definitely need to apply wet and over primer.

California Palette
With Flash
Natural Light
This one was definitely my favorite out of the four. The colors were so pretty. But like the previous palette and the other two, you should apply these wet. There's a lot of fallout and applying wet will get you the color payoff you want.

Texas Palette
Natural Light
With Flash
This would have to be my second favorite of the four. The golds are gorgeous!

NYC Palette
Natural Light
With Flash

This palette didn't have the best color payoff in my opinion. The blue was the most pigmented out of the bunch but really, I would suggest buying one of the other choices.

Overall, these are what you get for the price (especially since I only paid $5 for each). They're decent for a drug store brand and great for beginners. Just remember to use an eyeshadow primer at the very least. And for the best color payoff, apply wet.

e.l.f. Studio Baked Highlighter [$3.00 - 3 Choices]:
e.l.f. Studio Baked Bronzer [$3.00 - 4 Choices]:

Moonlight Pearls
Blush Gems
Pink Diamonds
Bora Bora


Sorry, I couldn't get a good picture of the swatches. However, I can tell you that like the baked eyeshadows, it takes a lot of work to get the product to adhere to a brush. The highlighters are very pretty once applied though. My advice would be to use your fingers and blend that way instead of a brush. They apply very sheer and it's easy to build the color up if that's what you desire. 

Closing thoughts:

I'll probably just keep the highligthers and give the others away as Christmas presents. I really wanted to like these as they're my first e.l.f. products. A lot of other bloggers rave about e.l.f. being a good dupe for the higher brands and they can be. But you're getting the quality you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment