Monday, December 2, 2013

[Product Review/Swatches] Em Cosmetics - Michelle Phan's Cosmetic Line [Trial Size Life Palette, Lip Gallery Matte Lipstick, & Intense Color Eyeliner]



Today, I received my order from Em Cosmetics. I have been watching Michelle Phan's videos on YouTube for at least the past two years. So when she came out with her own cosmetic line, I knew I would have to try it. Just so you know, it is on the higher price end of cosmetics. If you're living on a student's budget, definitely wait until a sale happens or save up. Trust me.

Or even better, wait until the offer the Em Starter Kit. (Which is what I did~) It comes with a trial size Life Palette, lipstick and waterliner for $27.50.


The Life Palette (Day Life) $75.00 for full size/ $10 for trial size:



Trial Size Palette Name: Day Dreaming from the Day Life palette

This trial size palette comes with 3 eyeshadow shades and 1 lip color. Unfortunately, it does not list the shade names for each product. The palette is approximately 4.5" x 4.5".

Natural Light
With Flash
I love the colors that come with this trial palette. They are definitely colors that I will use. The lip color is really creamy and a really pretty color. It is a little sheer so you'll have to build up the color. I used a lip brush to apply it.

The eyeshadows look very pigment but looks are deceiving. They don't apply well with a sweeping motion, even on top of primer. Instead, you must build up the color using a patting motion. To get them this saturated, I had to apply three layers. This is a good and bad thing as for those who want bold colors will have to work for it but those who like a light sweep of color, one layer application would do fine.

Lip Gallery Creamy Color Matte Lipstick ($16.50):




With lipcolors, I love pinks and corals. So this color immediately caught my eye. The good thing about the Em website is that there are swatches for each product on three different skin tones. So this definitely helps you pick out the right color for you.

Without Product
With Product
Color Name: Nine to Five

The color is true and applies very smooth and creamy like. I really love this color too because it doesn't completely wash out my olive skin tone as some bright pinks do. My only compliant is that my lips are really chapped and this product really settles in those cracks, emphasizing the dry skin of my lips. I guess it's really more of a personal problem because otherwise it's perfect. I'll just have to really exfoliate my lips before wearing.

Waterliner Intense Color Eyeliner ($20.00):



Out of the three products I bought, I was most excited about this one. I rub my eyes a lot and the area around my eyes are quite oily. Most eyeliners don't last or smudge a lot on me.

Tip of pencil upclose
In Natural Light
Tried to smudge after 1 minute
Color Name: Black Night

I want to scream about this eyeliner! To be perfectly honest, this single product made the whole purchase worthwhile. I have been using Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils ($19) as they have been the only pencil eyeliner that doesn't smudge on me. And preferably, I stay away from pencil eyeliner since they do smudge so easily. However, as this eyeliner is only a dollar more than UD's, I may start using these interchangeably, especially since this eyeliner is specially formulated for your waterline.

I'm also not a big fan of applying dark colors to the waterline on myself because it never looks right. You know what I mean? However, this eyeliner doesn't apply darkly to your waterline unless you press hard enough. Otherwise, it's a light wash of black. It's not really irritating to my eyes at all and it definitely helps to make my lower lashes look fuller.


I hope this has helped you guys. You should definitely give Em Cosmetics a try, even if it's just for the waterliner. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment